These sweet potato fries are lightly sweet, crisp and delicious.
I really like sweet potatoes and I don’t like regular potatoes. Once again, I am NOT in the majority. In fact, I only like sweet potato fries and don’t really love baked or mashed sweet potatoes. I know, I know… I am seriously picky. But, like I said, I do love sweet potato fries! And these are lightly sweet which is a great way to get those picky eaters to eat them. They are packed with Vitamins A C and D, fiber, magnesium and iron and have a much lower impact on blood sugar levels than white potatoes. They have a naturally sweet taste which I enhanced with 100% maple syrup and cinnamon. What’s not to love?
- 5-6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch long slices, then ¼ inch wide strips
- 3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl or ziploc bag. If using a bowl, mix thoroughly. If using a ziploc, close the bag and shake well.
- Lay the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer to make sure they cook evenly.
- I had enough sweet potato fries for 3 baking trays so I placed a wire cooling tray on top of the baking sheet (I saw it on the Food Network) and it worked great for even cooking.
- If you don't use that method, make sure to turn over sweet potato fries after 15 minutes so they don't burn.
- You can sprinkle with a bit of extra sea or kosher salt if you'd like.
- Cook for a total of 25 minutes. I like the edges crispy (and a little burnt) so you can cook them less if you don't like that. Enjoy!
These pictures aren’t great because my oven light was super bright but you get the idea of how I cooked these. The fries on the bottom I had to turn over after 15 minutes.
Serving Size 1 serving, 8 servings in total
Amount Per Serving
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 64
Total Fat 7.2g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 31.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.0g
How do you eat your sweet potato fries? With ketchup? Hot sauce? Plain? Or with something else?
Have a great day!