These protein packed bars take minutes to prepare and are super convenient and healthy. I keep these vegan bars in the refrigerator for a quick snack (or sometimes breakfast!) and the kids love them too! With 10 grams of protein per bar, these are perfect before or after a workout.
Who can relate…you have a few weeks of eating great and working out and then all of a sudden, you’re super busy, stressed out and you have no healthy foods prepared? That has been me recently. And I hate the way I feel.
Most of the time, I really make an effort to eat well, drink a lot of water, sleep well and exercise at least 4-5 times a week. And then spring sports for the kids started. And work has been super busy. Something has to give, right? Lately, that’s been my meal preparation. And that is SO important to maintaining a balance, at least for me. I need that structure and planning in order to keep me on track. And just like that, I stopped prepping.
I started feeling tired, grumpy and stressed. I wasn’t working out enough either never helps. Until yesterday. I started prepping meals and snacks again, slept 8 hours last night and made time for a run. And because of all that, I’ve created these protein bars for you!
These are so ridiculously easy that I can’t use being too busy as an excuse not to make these. Literally, mix the ingredients in a bowl, put them in a baking pan and set in the freezer for 30 minutes. BAM!
Then I drizzle a bit more white chocolate on top…
Then slice them into bars and devour them. Ahem, I mean, eat one. Ok, maybe two.
I like to either keep these in the refrigerator or freezer. They are perfect for the kids’ lunches too!
- 1½ cup oats (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup vegan protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (buy the vegan variety if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips for drizzle
- Mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium bowl thoroughly.
- Add ¼ cup of chocolate chips until combined.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture into pan and smooth out evenly.
- Melt remaining two tablespoons chocolate chips in microwave or sauce pan and drizzle over bars with a spoon.
- Place into freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer.
- Cut into 12 bars. Store in airtight container in the freezer or refrigerator.
Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat 8.7g
Saturated Fat 2.2g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 17.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.5g
Nutrition information not 100% guaranteed, I used www.caloriecount.com
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the bars~