Summer isn't officially over for a couple more weeks. This is a great way to use up those tomatoes! And this recipe uses no oil at all so it's low calorie. I dipped it with chips, put it in a salad and even ate it with quinoa. Simple and delicious.
Green and Red Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 2 green tomatoes diced
- 1 red tomato diced
- 1 can BPA-free black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeno pepper you can use more if you like or omit if you don't like it
- ⅓ red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the tomatoes, beans, avocado, pepper and onion in medium size bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cilantro and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight to blend flavors. Add chopped cilantro right before serving.
Thanks for stopping by!