Homemade trail mix can be the perfect healthy snack. If made properly, trail mix can have a whole bunch of protein, antioxidants and fiber. Make sure you read your labels! Nuts should be raw and unsalted and dried fruits should have no added sugar or any juice at all. It’s a wonderful snack for the kiddies too. One tip: After you make it, place about 1/4 servings in portion controlled bags to avoid eating it all in one sitting!
Healthy Trail Mix
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 2 ounce unsweetened dried apricots
- 2 ounce unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/8 cup unsalted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup puffed organic rice cereal
Mix together and enjoy!
Place in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.