It's time for pumpkin desserts, and this one is healthy, vegan, gluten-free and delicious!
I was compensated by Success® Rice to create this recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise 🙂
I know traditional rice puddings call for the rice to cook for 30-40 minutes before you add all of the good stuff. I used Success® Boil in the Bag brown rice which saves time from measuring and cooking for that long. Anything that saves me time? I'm in! And Success® brown rice is 100% whole grain and gluten-free so this is perfect for me to lighten up typical rice pudding. I also love the fact that you simply place the bag in the water and it's the perfect texture after just 8-10 minutes. And you can leave the cooked rice in the hot water for up to 30 minutes (with the heat off) before being served to keep it hot. Genius! I appreciate easy. 🙂
Of course, it is almost October and I knew I just had to make this pudding with fall flavors. This pumpkin rice pudding was incredible! And the house smelled pretty amazing too. I am going to make it next time with apples, just to continue my fall theme.
- 1 quart water
- 1 bag of Success® Boil in Bag Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 4 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 3 cups almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried cranberries
- Place Success® boil in bag rice in large saucepan with quart of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, place milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, pumpkin and vanilla in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup hot rice and coconut oil and continue to stir. Cook about 40 minutes until milk reduces. Continue to stir occasionally to avoid the milk from curdling.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Top with dried cranberries when ready to serve.
- Place in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
I only used half of the bag for this recipe (1 cup) and I used the remaining cup for dinner that night (stir-fry with rice!). You can easily double this recipe to make more of it. I didn't realize how fast this pudding would disappear!
Success® Rice is one of the participating brands in a sweepstakes from O, The Oprah Magazine! Click here to submit the entry form and pin with inspiration from O‘s PROMO: How Are You Cooking This Fall? Pinterest board for a chance to win a variety of culinary-themed prizes. I mean, who doesn't want to win prizes like that?
What is your favorite way to cook rice? Besides this rice pudding (my new favorite!) it's definitely stir-fry!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.