This appetizer is not only simple to make and healthy, but it's also delicious and pretty! This is sure to be a hit at any party.
My dear friend Kelly over at Nosh and Nourish recently published her first cookbook, Superfoods at Every Meal. This cookbook contains recipes that are healthy and all use one or more of the ten Superfoods: quinoa, chickpeas, kale, sweet potatoes, blueberries, eggs, honey, coconut oil, Greek yogurt and walnuts. It's packed with beautiful pictures and recipes that are easy enough to make on a busy weeknight.
This Blueberry Bruschetta contains two of the super foods, blueberries (love them) and honey (also LOVE!). This appetizer took just a few minutes to make and had such a beautiful presentation.
I try to eat as many of these super foods in my diet regularly, especially Greek yogurt! Anyone who wants to eat healthier or who already eats a clean diet will love this recipes and it's creative ways to incorporate this super foods.
The recipe called for white balsamic vinegar but I didn't realize that I had any until I was making it (story of my life) so I simply substituted apple cider vinegar (another favorite of mine) and it was delicious! The slightly sweet taste of the honey and the pungent flavor of the basil was an amazing combination. And it has such a pretty presentation too, it's perfect for parties!
Isn't the cover of the book so pretty too?
- ¾ cup organic blueberries mashed
- ¾ cup diced grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey plus more for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar I used raw apple cider vinegar
- sliced bread I used Food for Life Ezekiel Sesame
- Preheat the oven to 40o degrees F.
- Combine the blueberries and tomatoes in a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine basil, honey, salt, olive oil and vinegar, stirring well. Pour the dressing over the blueberries and tomatoes and toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- Spread the bread slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, top each slice with a large spoonful of bruschetta and drizzle with additional honey.
I know my readers would LOVE this cookbook too! Guess what, friends? I am giving away one copy of Superfoods at Every Meal to one lucky reader! Please leave a comment telling me why you would like this cookbook and you're entered! Yup, that's it. I am all about simplifying your life and this cookbook will help with that too! GOOD LUCK!
*Giveaway ends Sunday February 22 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
**U.S. and Canadian residents only please