I love this recipe so much. It is filled with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and TONS of flavor!
Edamame are actually immature, green soybeans. I love them. They are so versatile and super easy to add to all types of dishes. They are a favorite for vegans and vegetarians since they are a complete protein. Edamame is also packed with fiber, B vitamins, omega 3 fats, iron, calcium and zinc.
This meatless meal is well balanced, easy and just plain old delicious. I eat this as a meal for myself, but I make a chicken or pork dish to go along side it for my family.
Asparagus Mushrooms Edamame & Sun Dried Tomatoes in a Balsamic Glaze
1 lb. asparagus
1 package sliced mushrooms (I used shiitake)
1 cup organic shelled and cooked edamame
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (not in oil)
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS balsamic vinegar
3 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
- Place all chopped veggies and edamame in a large ziploc bag.
- In separate bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper together with wire whisk.
- Pour marinade over veggies in bag and shake until evenly coated (make sure to close the bag first 🙂 ).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place veggie mixture on baking sheet, top with chopped parsley. Roast for 45-60 minutes, checking periodically to turn veggies and to make sure they do not over brown.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size 1/6 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 71
Total Fat 7.9g
Saturated Fat 1.0g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 9.0g
Dietary Fiber 3.7g
*Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed accurate