A nutritious, plant-based, gorgeous salad topped with a lightly sweet, citrus dressing! This is packed with vitamins and nutrients and is extra delicious!
People often ask me if I am always cooking something amazing for my family.
The simple answer? Nope.
Sure, I’d love to but my 3 little guys keep me waaaaay too busy for that.
I made this simple salad after I made my family a sheet pan dinner of steak and vegetables. They loved it! The problem with this is that I don’t eat steak. So I created this salad and the dressing was FABULOUS! It’s light and packed with flavor, and the best part is that it’s ridiculously easy to make.
This dressing is also bright and cheery which is exactly what I need to get me through these long, dreary days of winter.
You can use this salad as a base if you’d like. Add grilled chicken, shrimp, tuna or steak, more veggies, sunflower seeds, nuts, whatever you’d like. Or you can be like me and eat it just as it is. Simple and delicious. And GORGEOUS.
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 12 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw mix, mixture of shredded red cabbage, broccoli, carrots
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about ½ orange)
- 1 tablespoon honey or ¼ teaspoon stevia (if vegan or sugar free)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing except the olive oil into a mason jar or some other airtight container and shake well.
- Add olive oil and shake again.
- Pour over salad or store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Tell me, what do you eat on those busy weeknights? Have a great day!