This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I will admit this is not the fanciest Meatless Monday dish, but it just may be one of my favorites 🙂 It is so easy and the best part is hat you can use whatever you have in your fridge! It’s packed with protein and it’s a great way to get your servings of veggies in for the day. I made my family grilled shrimp for dinner and since I don’t eat any seafood, I made this for myself. I know, I know, I am so boring. Yeah, I’ve heard it all before. I’ll take this over seafood ANY DAY. Well, I guess I’d even take burnt toast over seafood but you get the idea.
Back to my dinner….so simple. Yummy. Try it.
Veggie Egg Scramble
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon shredded cheese of your choice (I used manchego)
- 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites
- Place oil and garlic in saute pan. Add veggies and seasonings and cook until they are still crunchy.
- While veggies are cooking, place egg and egg whites in a bowl and whisk them until frothy.
- Pour eggs into saute pan and continue to mix thoroughly while eggs form and scramble. * I like my eggs cooked WELL but cook until your desired consistency.
- ENJOY 🙂