Straight from my dear friend Kelly’s cookbook, Superfood Weeknight Meals, these mouth watering tacos will be your new favorite meal, any time of the day!
You know those people that you have in your life that just get you? Even ones that you don’t see all the time?
My friend Kelly from Nosh and Nourish is that person.
Kelly and I have only met in person a handful of times in person at different press events and conferences. We’ve been together in the mountains of Seattle, sipping wine in Napa and ate our way through the Windy City. And every single time we get together we just laugh and have a great time.
Kelly lives in Colorado and I live in New Jersey so although we don’t get to see each other, we are still the best foodie friends. So you can see how excited I was to get an advanced copy of her new cookbook, Superfood Weeknight Meals. I instantly fell in love with the gorgeous pictures and fabulous recipes, I mean what could be better than healthy, nutritious recipes that can be ready in 30 minutes?
Kelly covers all of these Superfoods in her cookbook:
- Citrus Fruits
- Olive oil
- Sweet Potatoes
And guess what? This recipe contains 5 superfoods in just this one recipe!
There are so many recipes I can’t wait to try but once I saw these Sweet Potato and Egg Tacos, I knew I had to make these first!
But let me tell you, I already know I am making the Chicken Pesto Zoodle Soup, Black Bean and Lentil Chicken Chili and the Rainbow Chopped Salad ASAP!
This book would be a perfect gift for someone starting their new year off HEALTHY! Just saying…
I just adore my spiralizer and I have never roasted my spriralized veggies before. I usually sauté them but I love the way them came out this time. I will definitely be roasting them again!
I absolutely LOVE all of the flavors in this recipe, especially the citrus in the guacamole! Who would’ve thought to add orange to your guac? That Kelly is an absolute genius I tell you!
You must make these ASAP!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Citrus Guacamole:
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- ½ medium onion, red
- ⅛ medium orange
- Serve on:
- 8 tortillas, Flour
- 3 slice cooked – bacon
- ½ cup – colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- Peel and spiralize sweet potato, or julienne it into string-like noodles.
- Mix the sweet potato noodles with olive oil, paprika, and salt until evenly coated. Spread the noodles evenly on a large baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until noodles are cooked and slightly crispy but not burnt.
- Meanwhile, mix up your citrus guac by mashing avocados, Greek yogurt, salsa, 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion, and 2 Tablespoons of diced orange together. Set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a small pan over medium heat, then add scrambled eggs and stir regularly until cooked.
- Layer tortillas with eggs, sweet potato noodles, and citrus guac. Sprinkle on cooked and crumbled bacon and/or cheese if using.
The best part of this…I am giving away a copy of Superfood Weeknight Meals to one lucky winner!
Please comment below telling me what your favorite superfood is and you will be automatically entered to win! It’s that easy. Good luck!
One random winner will be chosen Sunday at 11:00 P.M. EST. U.S residents only please.