Quinoa Black Bean Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
This is a healthier alternative to macaroni salad, potato salad or pasta salad that can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1.5 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water or vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh ginger root, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- zest from one lime
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa with water or broth according to instructions. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Combine beans, corn, avocado and tomatoes. Toss with cooled quinoa.
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad.
Let refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
I always keep a bottle of this dressing in the refrigerator for other salads or roasted vegetables.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The longer is stays in the refrigerator the more flavorful the salad will be.
If you are making this salad ahead of time, it's always best to add the fresh, sliced avocado right before serving so the avocados don't turn brown.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 103g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 2146mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 993IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 7mg