Robin from Knead to Cook is a very talented, dear friend of mine. Her creativity with her recipes amazes me and I love everything she makes. I was thrilled when Robin said she would share this recipe with all of you!
These muffins are a take-off on another carrot recipe I make. I bought some zucchini and thought it would be good to sneak some extra veggies into my family’s snack this week. The muffins are super moist, protein-packed and heavenly. No added oils to weigh them or you down! A must try for a lunch box snack, breakfast or after-school snacking idea.
Zucchini Carrot Chobani Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour King Arthur Flour is preferred
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour again KAF
- 1.5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of vanilla Chobani yogurt or plain Chobani
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce I used peach apple
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups of shredded carrots I used organic
- 1 small/medium sized zucchini shredded
- Optional toppings: Raisins Coconut, Nuts (walnuts or almonds) or just leave it plain.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray your pan (mini loaf, loaf or cupcake pan) with baking spray with flour and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, spices, salt and soda and powder.
In your stand mixer, blend the yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, extract and zucchini and carrots. Then add the dry mixture. Blend without over-mixing. Scoop into your prepared vessel. Baking times will vary. Muffins will take about 18-20 minutes, loaves will take 25-30 minutes. When an inserted toothpick comes out clean, they are ready!
Don’t those look crazy delicious?? Please go and visit Robin at her Facebook page and her amazing blog!
Thanks for stopping by! And thank you Robin for sharing your muffins with us 🙂