Almond Flour Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Frosting
Smooth, rich and decadent, this Low Carb Almond Flour Cake will satisfy the biggest chocolate lovers! It's also gluten free, grain free, sugar free and keto friendly.
Servings: 16 slices
- For the Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup melted sugar free chocolate
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup granular Monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered Monk fruit
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 325F.
Place the eggs into a big bowl and beat them.
Add the granulated Monk fruit, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and baking powder. Whisk again to combine.
Add softened butter and mix to combine. Use an electric mixer for better results.
Then melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 45-60 seconds and add it to the rest of the ingredients. Mix for a few minutes until a smooth batter.
Add both flours and stir to combine. Use a spatula now because the batter will become thicker.
Grease and transfer the batter into an 8’’ round cake pan.
Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
For the chocolate mousse, add the cream to a medium bowl whip it with an electric mixer for a few minutes until soft peaks form. Then add powdered monk fruit and cocoa powder and stir with a spatula to combine. Using the electric mixer here is possible, but you could end up over whipping the mousse.
Finally, spread the mousse on the top and sides of the cake.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Chilling your mixing bowl will help the cream whip more easily.
- Add one tbsp of granulated coffee to the mousse that will enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate, fresh fruit or whipped cream. Or any of the suggestions I mentioned above.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg