Bulletproof Hot Chocolate
This Bulletproof Hot Chocolate recipe is low carb, keto and high fat. It's simple to make and delicious.
- ½ cup hot water (not scolding hot) ( I heat mine in a small saucepan on the stove)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or MCT oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons Erythritol
- heavy whipping cream optional
IMPORTANT: Be very careful when opening a high speed blender with a hot liquid, as it may create a vacuum. Make sure water isn't scalding hot. Blend it only for a few seconds at a time, allowing the pressure to release every time.
So for this recipe, I've made it with both MCT oil (which is tasteless) and coconut oil and I liked the MCT oil better, but that's mainly because I don't like coconut!
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1mg