Dinner, Appetizer, Seafood, Gluten-free, Main dish, Wheat-free
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 12 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ⁄2 cup plus 1 cup, wheat-free bread crumbs, divided
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 ⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil for frying
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium- high heat. Sauté green onions for 1–2 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, garlic, egg, Greek yogurt, 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, green onions, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Form into small patties, about 1⁄2" thick.
In a separate bowl, place 1 cup of bread crumbs. Dredge patties in the bread crumbs thoroughly.
heat 1⁄2 cup oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place crab cakes in oil and cook until golden brown, making sure to cook evenly on both sides. Once cooked, place on paper towels to drain.