Apple Cider Vinegar is quite trendy these days. I am a huge fan of Bragg’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, I have been taking it for years. Studies say Apple Cider Vinegar helps lower risk for diabetes, aids in digestion, prevents sickness and may help you lose weight. As always, consult your medical practitioner before taking this or anything else.
Apple Cider Vinegar is packed with vitamins and minerals. I’ve taken 1-2 tablespoons in a 6 ounce cup of water before meals to help maintain health and to ward off illnesses. So basically, it’s the first thing I reach for when I hear people are sick. You get used to it but the first cup is quite….well….let’s just say it’s different.
Ok, back to the recipe… I think you all know how much I love quinoa. A complete protein, is the best thing to hit the vegan and vegetarian scene in ages. This dish has a nice tang to it and the Parmesan cheese is the perfect topping (if you ask me).
Tangy Quinoa Sausage Medley
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 pound organic turkey or chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup organic raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
In large skillet, place garlic and oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add sausage and cook until browned and no longer pink. Slice into 1 inch pieces.
Add asparagus, tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Stir to combine.
Add vinegar and broth and let simmer on low for a few minutes.
Pour mixture onto cooked quinoa and mix thoroughly. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.