This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
If you are looking for an easy, healthy smoothie, I’ve found your new favorite!
I love trying new products, especially when they are healthy and stick with my clean eating lifestyle. I was intrigued when I heard about the Skinny Gut Ultimate Shake, especially when I read that it’s USDA Organic, vegan, grain free, dairy-free, gluten free, non-GMO as well as it contains probiotics, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants! I bet I caught your attention, right? Mine too. So far, so good. I am definitely looking forward to trying this shake.
So here’s the low down. One serving of Skinny Gut Ultimate Vanilla Shake contains:
- 20 grams of Organic, Grain-free Protein from seeds and legumes to help build muscle*
- 10 grams of Prebiotic Organic Fiber, including acacia fiber, to help curb appetite by helping you feel full*
- 10 Billion live Ultimate Flora™ Probiotic cultures providing specially selected strains to support healthy gut balance*
- Organic Fruit and Veggie Antioxidant blend plus vitamins and minerals to nourish cells*
- Full-spectrum Digestive Enzyme blend to support healthy digestion and help optimize nutrient availability*
- Low fat and low calorie*
- Available in delicious natural vanilla and chocolate flavors*
- No Artificial Ingredients or Preservatives*
- No Added Sugar*
- Gluten & Dairy Free*
- No GMOs*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Ok, I am sold. But wait, how does it taste? I tried the shake plain without any other ingredients (except for topping it with my beloved chia seeds) and I was pleasantly surprised. I just blended one scoop of Skinny Gut Vanilla Shake with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and some ice. It was lightly sweet, no funny after taste and pretty delicious. For me, it would be a great shake to drink after a workout with that plant-based protein in there for muscle recovery.
But since I am always looking for ways to add some fruits and vegetables, I thought I should add some vitamin-packed spinach to add some more nutrition. The beauty of adding spinach to shakes and smoothies is that it adds vitamins and minerals and you can barely taste it! I can’t say the same about kale, which is why my kids don’t like kale smoothies. But I won’t stop trying!
The Green Skinny Pina Colada Shake was delicious! I just simply added fresh spinach, pineapple and used coconut milk. It was refreshing and delicious and almost made me think it was summer. Almost is the operative word as it’s still 20 degrees outside. But I’ll take what I can get in the middle of February in New Jersey!
I loved both of the shakes and will definitely make them again!
You can find all of the Skinny Gut products here. Tell me, what is your favorite way to make a healthy shake?