This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
I love lentils. There, I said it. I always have. I love lentils in soups, wraps and especially SALADS!! This one is definitely a keeper. The combination of cumin, cilantro and dijon are perfect together!! Lentils are packed with protein, fiber and are low in fat. Since they are high in protein and fat they help keep you fuller longer. They are also filled with lots of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B6, folate and magnesium.
Mexican Lentil Salad
adapted from allrecipes.com
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- zest of 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
This recipe is so fresh and delicious. It’s a perfect example that you don’t need meat to have a well balanced, protein packed meal 🙂