Did you know that June is National Iced Tea Month? I just learned that too 🙂 I can’t keep up with all of these holidays!
Truth be told, I LOVE iced tea. Especially Iced GREEN Tea! Green tea is loaded with powerful antioxidants. Studies show that green tea helps prevent certain cancers, diabetes and heart disease. Green tea has also been proven to help with weight loss. I but you are thinking about trying my Iced Green Tea now, huh?
I thought of how I can create some fruity flavored iced green tea, and it was fantastic. And super easy too (which is always a bonus!) You can use whatever fruit you have on hand. I used watermelon and pomegranate. The best part is you can use different fruits by the glass and just pour the green tea on top! Use your imagination and get creative. The fruit adds just enough sweetness naturally without all those added sugars.
- 8 cups water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Bring water with minced ginger to boil.
- Remove from heat, add and tea bags. Steep tea for ~15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain tea into a pitcher (I used a fine mesh collander to make sure no ginger got into the pitcher). Refrigerate until cold.
- Place sliced fruit into glass, just enough to cover the bottom. The first glass I placed watermelon on the bottom, the second glass I used pomegranate seeds.
- Pour chilled tea over the fruit and add ice cubes of desired. ENJOY!