This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Summer isn’t officially over for a couple more weeks. This is a great way to use up those tomatoes! And this recipe uses no oil at all so it’s low calorie. I dipped it with chips, put it in a salad and even ate it with quinoa. Simple and delicious.
Green and Red Tomato Avocado Salsa
- 2 green tomatoes diced
- 1 red tomato diced
- 1 can BPA-free black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper you can use more if you like or omit if you don't like it
- 1/3 red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place the tomatoes, beans, avocado, pepper and onion in medium size bowl and mix well.
Add the remaining ingredients except cilantro and stir to combine.
Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight to blend flavors. Add chopped cilantro right before serving.
Thanks for stopping by!