Now who doesn’t love apple pie? The blend of cinnamon and apples are heaven scent. Now you can have apple pie (kind of) and still have it be low calorie! Apples are a great source of fiber and Vitamin C, and help keep you full with little calories. And let’s not forget that old saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. I am not sure if it’s true but why not believe it and enjoy them anyway?
Baked Cinnamon Apples
adapted from allrecipes
- 3 apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup raisins (I used golden raisins)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup skim milk (almond or soy milk would also work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish, or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into prepared dish. Pour milk evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serving Size 1 bowl (makes 3 servings)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 32
Total Fat 2.6g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 38.7g
Dietary Fiber 5.2g