This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Hello everyone 🙂
I have been really busy creating recipes for my new cookbook, but luckily I have some amazing and talented friends that want to share some of their recipes with you.
My dear friend, Ann from The Fountain Avenue Kitchen is so talented and made this fantastic quinoa salad. You know how much I love quinoa and I love the flavors she combined in this one.
Apple Quinoa Salad with Lemon Curry and Mint
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed (I like white quinoa for this recipe but red tastes the same)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 apple chopped (Fuji, Honey Crisp, Gala, and Stayman Winesap are all good choices)
- 1/4 cup raisins I like golden in this recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Bring quinoa and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Whisk together honey, shallot, curry powder, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa and toss to coat.
Add apples, raisins, mint, feta cheese, almonds and pumpkin seeds and toss well.
If making early in the day, I will typically wait to add the almonds and pumpkin seeds until just before serving to ensure they remain crunchy. Also, sunflower seeds are a nice alternative to the pumpkin seeds.
Thanks for stopping by! And thank you Ann for sharing this delicious recipe~