This is so simple and so delicious. I made this while participating in my JUMP START program to liven up my meals. This can be tossed with brown rice or quinoa as well as eating it alone. This dish is packed with protein, fiber and nutrients that will help keep you full and satisfy your hunger. I’ve also made this with small white beans and garbanzo beans instead of lentils. Since I just got back from vacation a few days ago, I didn’t have any dried or canned beans, but I did have a package of Trader Joe’s steamed lentils. Perfect! Time saver and convenient.
Vegan Lentil Spinach Medley
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 17.6 ounce container of steamed lentils or 1 pound bag of lentils, steamed
- Bragg's Organic Sea Kelp Delight or Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- Place oil and garlic in large saucepan and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms, tomates and pepper and mix. Toss some Bragg's or Mrs. Dash seasoning on vegetables and let cook 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Add spinach and more seasoning and continue to mix well until spinach is wilted.
- Add lentils and stir to combine. Add some more seasoning if desired. Serve immediately over brown rice, quinoa or enjoy it alone.
I found this Bragg’s Organic Sea Kelp Delight and I am now obsessed. It’s basically an organic Mrs. Dash-type of seasoning using a wonderful blend of seasonings and spices. Seriously obsessed and highly recommend it. If you don’t have you can use Mrs. Dash or whatever salt-free seasoning you like.
This is a fantastic example of how eating healthy, wholesome foods can be delicious. You can use whatever vegetables you have in the house too. Let me know how you like it!