A decadent chocolate cake with chocolate chips and a deep chocolate drizzle that will make you want seconds! This delicious cake is vegan and packed with protein too!
Calling all of my chocolate lovers! I am so excited to share this cake with you guys. I made it for my family and no one could believe that it was vegan too. And of course it’s an added bonus that I made it with Silk Soy Milk that is filled with plant-based protein.
Chocolate cake + chocolate chips + chocolate drizzle = heaven. I mean, vegan heaven.
Silk Soy Milk is lactose-free, dairy-free, cholesterol-free and contains no high-fructose corn syrup or artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Silk Soy Milk is enrolled in or verified by the Non-GMO Project and is free of gluten, casein, peanuts, egg and MSG. Each serving has 8 grams of plant based protein per serving! That’s more protein than any other dairy-free milk.
I don’t know about you but I am always looking for more ways to add protein to my diet. Sure it’s kind of awesome to add protein to a cake (right??) but I also love the fact that I can add more protein to my smoothies and overnight oats.
You know that feeling when you are so absolutely famished that you could eat anything in your sight? It’s called being hangry. What in the world does hangry mean? It means that you become so hungry that the lack of food causes you to become really angry. That’s me around 3:00 p.m. on most days. The only way for me to avoid being hangry is to eat have a protein filled snack in the afternoon. This can be a fruit/vegetable smoothie made with Silk Soy Milk, some overnight oats or an apple with almond or peanut butter. These protein filled snacks help prevent me from eating chips, my kids’ grilled cheese and whatever else is sitting in front of me at the time. Every morning I eat my overnight oats, I workout, drink lots of water…so why ruin all of my clean living with one moment of weakness? These protein packed snacks helped to prevent me from being hangry, now I deserve a treat, right? Why not one that’s vegan, dairy-free and loaded with plant-based protein? Oh, I forgot to mention how crazy delicious it is and it has three types of chocolate in there! Silk Soy Milk has more protein in it than any other dairy free milks. And I love that they are verified by the Non-GMO project. That’s really important to me. Now let’s talk chocolate. More specifically, this amazing triple chocolate cake.
- For the cake;
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Silk soy milk
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- For the drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Silk soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and cocoa. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, vanilla, lemon and soy milk.
- Add soy milk mixture to flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into greased pan and place into preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes until thoroughly cooked or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Prepare chocolate drizzle by placing the coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of soy milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan on low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes before drizzling chocolate on top.
Are you interested in trying Silk Soy Milk? Visit here to get your free coupon! Tell me what are ways that you add more plant-based protein to your diet?
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.