This Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is perfect for those hectic school day mornings. Simply prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning!
Sigh….I know I keep talking about it, but it’s getting closer for me.
Back to school.
I know some kids have already gone back already! I think I am in denial. I can’t even LOOK at the school supplies in Target.
It’s funny, before I had kids I pictures myself making elaborate, healthy breakfasts for them on school days. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, right? Well what I didn’t realize is how incredibly hectic and stressful these mornings can be.
My kids are normally early risers but I really despise the days that I have to wake them. It takes them forever to get up and they are terribly grumpy. And I am supposed to have a healthy breakfast waiting for them in the next 30 minutes?
That’s where this Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal arrives just in time.
I can’t forget to mention the adorable spoon that my friend Kelly from Nosh and Nourish had made for me!
This baked oatmeal is gluten-free (using gluten-free oats), dairy-free (using almond milk) and vegan so it’s perfect for those kids with allergies or intolerances. The good news is that it’s packed with flavor so even kids without those allergies will still love this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish or pie dish with cooking spray or rub with coconut oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together except strawberries until combined.
- Add strawberries and mix again.
- Place mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and completely set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing, Enjoy!
Prepare it the night before and pop it in the oven while you’re dragging the kids out of bed! BAM! Healthy breakfast ready in 30 minutes!