If you are like me, you are always looking for a delicious chicken pasta recipe. This is one of those easy chicken recipes that has a little kick to it. Sometimes you need a little spice in your life.
I bet any vegetables would be wonderful in this dish. I liked having the sweet basil with the spicy sriracha sauce to offset each other. I think they blended together beautifully.
- 1 pound organic pasta of choice (I used organic whole wheat orecchiette)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into thin pieces
- 1 pint organic grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha hot chili sauce, it's spicy so you can add more or less to suit your tastes
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place oil, garlic and onion in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes until onion and garlic soften.
- Add chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink inside.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, basil and oregano. Stir well and cook for a few minutes until zucchini and eggplant soften. Add Sriracha sauce and mix again. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cooked pasta to saucepan and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately. Add more Sriracha sauce if you are adventurous 🙂
I hope you enjoy this spicy twist on a regular pasta and chicken dish. Thanks for stopping by~