This one pot dish is easy enough for a busy weeknight dinner and delicious enough that the whole family will love it!
I was compensated by Minute® Rice to create this recipe. However, like always, the opinions are entirely my own. Promise 🙂
Who else is struggling with getting a healthy dinner on the table this time of year? During the holidays there aren’t enough hours in the day. On top of that, I feel more exhausted than ever! I love easy, healthy, one pot meals that will be ready in no time at all. In fact, you can easily use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken for this dish! I am all about making our crazy lives a little easier.
I love this Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley! I loved the textures of the different grains together and it’s so versatile. I can think of at least 10 different dishes I could use it in. I better start cooking!
The beauty of this dish is that it’s actually healthy. I was so excited when I heard that Minute® Rice came out with a Multi-Grain Medley (which is soooo up my alley!) It’s a blend of whole grains like brown rice, Thai red rice, wild rice and quinoa! They come in portion-controlled bags (another huge bonus) and they are gluten-free. I love the way this sounds. And it only takes 10 minutes to cook. Now let’s create an easy healthy dish with it!
- 2 bags Minute® Multi-Grain Medley
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 pound cooked chicken
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cup chopped grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ lime
- chopped cilantro, chopped scallions, chopped avocado for topping
- Place Minute® Multi-Grain Medley and water in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- After the water is absorbed, add chicken, onion, garlic, beans and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add salt, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and mix well.
- Add cheese and squeeze half lime on top of mixture and mix again.
- Top with chopped cilantro, chopped scallions and chopped avocado if desired. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 8.3g
Saturated Fat 3.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Total Carbohydrates 58.6g
Dietary Fiber 12.8g
*Nutrition information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed
I hope you and your family loves this as much as we do! Learn more about all the Minute® Rice products here. Happy Holidays!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.