This is one of my most popular soup recipes. Everyone who makes it absolutely loves it. If you like thai food, this soup is for you. And who doesn’t love a good slow cooker recipe?
This soup is packed with flavor. If you would prefer it less spicy, cut down on the curry paste. You can control the spiciness of this soup. It’s perfect those cold winter nights. And my goodness it’s been such a cold winter…
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalepeño pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Sliced green onions and lime wedges, for garnish
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Place the garlic, gingerroot, and peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 1–2 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in the chicken and cook while stirring 5–8 minutes, until browned and no longer pink.
- Place the cooked chicken in the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to slow cooker except vegetables. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add vegetables including jalapeno and let cook another 30 minutes, until they soften. garnish with sliced green onions and lime wedges.
Thank you to my dear friend Jen who took this picture for me 🙂
Let me know how much you like it! Come back again soon~