These are super easy, healthy and insanely delicious candy that only have 4 ingredients, made in your slow cooker!
‘Tis the season for all of those holiday goodies!
I don’t know about you but I bake a TON doing the holidays and I love giving homemade goodies as gifts. I came across Crock Pot Candy over at Chocolate Chocolate and More and was intrigued. I love the idea of making them in my slow cooker which frees up my oven for all of those cookies and gingerbread to bake!
I decided to make these a little healthier (and crispier!) and I am in love. Serious love. I’ve made them for friends and two holiday parties already and they were a huge hit.
And let’s be honest, what is better than the sweet and salty combo?
And these are customizable. Use whatever nuts you like, whatever kind of chocolate you like, make them however you’d like. I personally love the mixture of dark and semi-sweet chocolate together.
Since this batch makes ALOT of pieces of candy ( I didn’t even add the amount to the recipes because it really depends upon the size that you make them) I instantly froze half the second time I made them. These might be healthier but they still should be thought of as a treat. And let’s just say I was digging in to that container in my fridge quite a few times. Avoid temptation and freeze them QUICKLY.
- Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and mix well.
- Place on low setting and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from slow cooker and stir again.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and and drop onto spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each one with sea salt.
- Leave at room temperature to harden then place in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These also freeze really well!
I plan on giving these out as holiday gifts. I hope you love them too!