This pizza makes a simple, delicious, healthy, vegetarian meal that’s perfect any night of the week!
Your house is going to smell AMAZING! I love roasting tomatoes and garlic and now there are so many awesome varieties of tomatoes out there. I used red, orange and yellow heirloom tomatoes, but you can use whatever you have in the house or whatever you find at the store. Try all of the different colors! The orange and yellow tomatoes taste a little sweet, have a mild flavor and are less acidic than the typical red ones. This pizza is so simple to prepare, it’s perfect for those busy weeknights and it just might get your picky kids to eat tomatoes!
Do you guys like naan? It’s the only Indian type food that I like (probably not surprising) but it’s incredible. Give me some naan and hummus or guacamole and I am one happy girl. You can find it pre-made in the bakery department of your grocery store.
Seriously, you need to try it.
I’ve also made this as a super duper easy appetizer! Just slice it into bite size pieces or strips and voila! You have a pretty, easy appetizer! And everyone loves pizza, right?
I’m telling you (in my bossy voice) you need to put this in your rotation. Whether it’s Meatless Monday or Pizza Friday, you must make this.
- 6 heirloom tomatoes ( I use red, yellow and orange)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 naan breads or whole grain flat breads
- additional basil for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and basil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Place naan bread or flatbreads on baking sheet. Top with roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 10 minutes until bread is crispy and cheese has melted.
- Top with additional basil. Serve immediately.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Do you mind a pizza without sauce?