I am THRILLED to say that I handed in my cookbook on Monday! I can’t wait for you all to get this cookbook, I am really proud of it! It’s available on Amazon.com for pre-order now, go ahead and order it now and you will be guaranteed the lowest price 🙂
I am so excited that the fabulous Emilie from The Clever Carrot has been kind enough to share this wonderful recipe with us while I have been busy working. Take it away Emilie….
Raw Beet and Apple Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1 bunch of Chioggia beets
- 2 medium size apples
- 1 handful of mixed salad leaves
- ⅓ c. fresh basil
- zest of 1 lime
- For the Dressing:
- ½ c. goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- For the dressing: Zest your lime and reserve it for the salad.
- Blitz all of the salad dressing ingredients in a mini food processor (you can also do this by hand with a whisk and room temperature goat cheese).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. The flavor should be tangy with a hint of sweetness.
- For the salad: Get yourself a large bowl.
- Trim and peel your beets with a vegetable peeler. If the tops look good, wash them and save for stir frys and salads. Thinly slice with a mandolin.
- Thinly slice your apples and keep them stacked. Cut vertically into matchsticks.
- Add the beets and apples to the bowl. Add a little dressing and season with salt and pepper. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so to soften.
- Tear up the basil leaves.
- Add the basil and salad leaves to the bowl. Give it a good toss and taste to see if it needs more seasoning or dressing.
- Evenly sprinkle the lime zest on top.
- Serve straight away.
- * Refrigerate any extra goat cheese dressing in an airtight container. It will keep for about a week.
Thank you, all of you for all of your support and understanding while I took my little hiatus to write this book. While I only had 6 weeks to complete it, it was a true labor of love and I am so excited for you to get it!