There are so many smoothie recipes out there, but this one just might be my favorite. This smoothie is healthy and sweet and so easy to make. Oh and it’s really pretty too. All of you smoothie lovers out there know that not all smoothies are pretty.
Smoothies are quick and easy and can be a great way to sneak protein into your breakfast. Greek yogurt is packed with protein and the pomegranates and berries add natural sweetness. Did I mention that this recipe is in The Greek Yogurt Cookbook? Yup, there is a whole chapter dedicated to smoothies.
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄2 cup frozen mixed berries, unsweetened
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat honey Greek yogurt or plain Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the blender as listed in the order above. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
I love smoothies for breakfast, snack or dessert. It’s fun to experiment with different fruits and veggies to see which one you like the best. What’s your favorite smoothie?