I love anything make ahead, and these personalized smoothies are delicious, filling and healthy!
My dear friend Brenda over at Sugar Free Mom, just released her first cookbook, Sugar Free Mom: Naturally Sweet and Sugar-Free Recipes for the Whole Family and I absolutely LOVE it!
I can’t wait to make so many of her recipes, like Classic Pasta Fagioli (my all time FAVORITE!) and the Oat Flour Pizza Dough (for our Friday night pizza nights!) but I decided to start with the personalized smoothies since I could definitely use some extra healthy and easy recipes right after the holidays!
I chose to make the Apple Cinnamon and the Cranberry Orange smoothies. I was a little hesitant about using applesauce in the smoothie since I have never done that before, but I LOVED it! I’ve made it three times in the last few days. For the Cranberry Orange Smoothie, I used clementines and fresh cranberries (since I had some left over from Christmas) and that was amazing too! I haven’t put oats in my smoothies in a while. I forgot how much I love the texture and thickness it creates.
Here is the delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie… my mouth is watering just looking at this picture and I’m drooling a bit. Don’t judge me.
And how pretty is this Cranberry Orange Smoothie? I love using fresh cranberries!
- Basic Smoothie
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure stevia extract
- Add these to make each smoothie personalized
- Strawberry banana: ½ cup strawberries, 1 banana
- Cherry Vanilla: 1 cup frozen or fresh pitted cherries, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Chocolate: 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Blueberry Coconut: ½ cup blueberries, 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Apple Cinnamon: ½ unsweetened applesauce, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Orange Cranberry: 1 peeled orange, 2 tablespoons cranberries
- In a high powered blender, place rolled oats and chia seeds. Blend on high until the consistency of flour. Pour in milk, yogurt, vanilla and stevia, blend until completely combined.
- Pour basic smoothie into 6 mason jars until each is ¾ of the way full. Add personal ingredients into each mason jar.
- Take one personalized smoothie and place it back into blend and blend until smoother desired consistency.
- Pour back into same mason jar. You may want to rinse the blender before making the next smoothie. Proceed with the rest of mason jar smoothies.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
I hope you enjoy these smoothies as much as I did and please go buy Brenda’s cookbook, you will LOVE all of the recipes! Guess what, one lucky winner will win their choice of Brenda’s cookbook, either an online copy or a hard copy mailed to them! Simply comment here on why you would love to win this cookbook and you are entered. Yup, that’s it! Giveaway ends January 1, 2015 at 12:00 EST. Good luck! SORRY! GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED! 🙂
You can get an extra entry if you:
Follow me on Facebook (+1)
Follow Brenda on Facebook (+1)
Follow me on Pinterest (+1)
Follow Brendan on Pinterest (+1)
Follow my blog (+1)
Follow me on Instagram (+1)
Follow Brenda on Instagram (+1)