Raise your hand if you love cheesecake!! This recipe is adapted from The Greek Yogurt Cookbook which is now available in all major book stores 🙂 The one in my cookbook is called “Heavenly Cheesecake” (on page 135) but I decided to add some chocolate and mint to make them a little more festive for the holidays (or really any time of year). And I made them mini-sized so that they would be
adorable portion-controlled too!
- 1 cup chocolate graham cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon plus 3⁄4 cup unrefined sugar, divided use
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, diced
- ⅛ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1⁄2 medium lemon)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin pan and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press the mixture into the prepared pie pan, making sure to press evenly on the bottom and the sides of pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3. Mix the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, remaining sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, diced mint leaves, peppermint extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. When the mixture is almost smooth, add the eggs, one at time, on low speed. Continue to beat on low speed until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 15-18 minutes until the edges are brown. The middle will not be completely set. Cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
I hope you enjoy these! Thanks so much for stopping by~