These are the perfect slightly sweet and salty snack that is healthy and packed with protein!
I did a post a few months ago on pistachios and how they were my new favorite snack. I love them so much that I decided to take it up a notch and make them even more delicious! These are simple to make, which is great these days since I seem to barely have time to do anything. And when I don’t have healthy snacks readily available, I tend to eat mindlessly. That’s not always healthy stuff either.
Just so you know, the maple syrup on these babies end up caramelizing and turning dark brown but they are not burnt. My kids loved these too. Well, at least 2 of them did. The other one didn’t want to be bothered with taking them out of the shell and wanted to me to do it EVERY time! Can you imagine? At least he made me laugh.
Now come see how simple they are to make!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup in-shell pistachios
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the hemp seeds together in a medium bowl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, making sure to stir after 10 minutes.
- *Note: check the pistachios after 10 minutes to prevent them from burning. Every oven is different.
- Sprinkle hemp seeds on top of pistachios immediately after you remove from oven.
- Allow to cool before eating.
My favorite snack is something sweet AND salty (like this and kettle corn!) What’s your favorite snack?