This pizza is simple to make and is so flavorful, no one would guess show healthy it is. With all of the vitamins an nutrients in the kale, you can go ahead and sprinkle some extra Manchego on there!
I love all leafy greens, and kale is number one on the list. I was excited to try Earthbound Farm Kale Italia Blend, an organic mix of baby kale, arugula and radicchio. My first thought was to make a huge salad with fruits and nuts, but then I thought of how delicious a kale pizza would be. Most of you know I am not a huge cheese lover, but I do like hard cheeses, like Manchego. Side note: I made this pizza again for my husband with goat cheese and he went crazy for it. Bottom line, use what cheese you like. And if you don’t like cheese, check out pretty it looks with just the kale alone.
Kale Italia’s bright color and deep flavor is so versatile you can use it for all of your summer recipes. Think of kale in your pasta dishes, salads and smoothies! There is a reason that kale is called a superfood. It is packed with vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants that fight off harmful free-radicals.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oil, onion and garlic in large sauce pan.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes until softened.
- Add kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Place naan bread or flatbreads on baking sheet. Top with kale.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and bake for 10 minutes until bread is crispy and cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
This conversation is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.