These are a wonderful addition to your summer barbecues. You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. If you want chicken, substitute chicken for shrimp. Or make them with only vegetables! You can easily make these ahead of time, refrigerate and grill them when you are ready. I love pesto. I love pesto. I love pesto!
Grilled Pesto Shrimp Vegetable Kabobs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ ounces pine nuts (or nuts of choice, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds etc)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves , torn
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- your favorite vegetables (I used, baby bella mushrooms, green and orange peppers, yellow and green squash and onions), sliced
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- 1. If using wooden skewers, put in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
- 2. Place garlic cloves, pine nuts, cheese and basil leaves in food processor or blender. Pulse while slowly adding olive oil.
- 3. In a large resealable bag, combine shrimp, sliced vegetables and pesto. Shake to combine and place in refrigerator for an hour.
- 4. Prepare 6 skewers alternating shrimp and vegetables. Turn grill on to medium heat, making sure grates are cleaned and sprayed lightly with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, making sure to turn over and cook on the other side for another 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately
Check out some more pesto recipes!
Thanks for stopping by!