Just in time for Valentine’s day, these adorable heart-shaped gluten free scones will make your loved one super happy. If you are looking for a special gluten free recipe for Valentines Day or any other day really, look no further. These scones are AMAZING!
These might look cute and fancy, but basically it’s just a regular gluten free scone recipe and I used a heart -shaped cookie cutter to make them look adorable. And they look really adorable. These scones have no butter in them, just healthy coconut oil. They make the perfect breakfast (with a cup of joe or green tea) or dessert (with a glass of wine 🙂 )
- 11⁄2 cups gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free vanilla extract
- ¼ diced organic strawberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Fold in the strawberries and pomegranates.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 triangles or use a cookie cutter to make 8 hearts.
- Sprinkle the scones with extra sugar if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
These can be made with any fruit you like or have in the house. I picked these because I love them both and red for Valentines Day 🙂 You can also add dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips etc… whatever makes you happy. For me, these are what make me happy. Who will you make these for?
Have a great day!