Your banana bread just got a whole lot tastier! Fresh raspberries add a wonderful sweetness to an already delicious, classic bread. The best part, it’s gluten-free but still moist with a wonderful texture.
Give me aaaaalllllll the berries.
I don’t discriminate, I love all berries, especially in the summer. Berries this time of year are amazing. And if you are lucky enough to go berry picking, you will have a whole bunch extra laying around. Why not make this bread?
While I was writing The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, I realized just how difficult it can be to bake gluten-free. I have these delicious scones that I created for the cookbook and I had to make them 8 TIMES to get them perfect. 8 TIMES!!
Yes, I was about to lose my mind, but once I got them juuuuust right, they were ridiculously, insanely delicious. So, the moral of the story is, while baking gluten-free can be frustrating, once you perfect the recipe, you won’t even believe that you are eating gluten-free! And this scrumptious bread is a perfect example of that!
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2⁄3 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approximately 3 large bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix until combined.
- Stir in yogurt, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flax seed, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add this mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the bananas and mix well. Add raspberries and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into two or three greased mini loaf pans (51⁄2” × 3") or one large loaf pan (5" × 10").
- Bake 50–55 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 2 minutes, then turn out and cool completely.
The more berries THE BETTER!