Don’t be intimidated by making scones, they are really easy to make. I used Organic Valley Egg Nog which is naturally gluten free. I only used 1/3 of a cup in the entire recipe but these scones aren’t necessarily low fat. But it is the holidays, right? And who isn’t looking for an easy recipe?
- 11⁄2 cups gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips, more for melting and drizzling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, and vanilla until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Cut circle into 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle the scones with extra sugar if desired. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before drizzling extra melted white chocolate of desired.
I can’t tell you enough how simple these are to prepare. They are perfect for Christmas breakfast and even better with a nice hot cup of tea (or coffee of course). You MUST try these. They really are amazing.
Thanks for stopping by~