For all of my gluten sensitive friends out there, who says you can’t enjoy all of the holiday treats? These are so delicious, you won’t miss the gluten at all. Pinky swear.
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free gluten-free baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together coconut oil, sugar and applesauce. Add vanilla extract and eggs gradually while continuing to mix well.
- In a mother bowl, mix together almond flour, tapioca starch, sorghum flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into coconut oil mixture until well blended.
- Slowly add chocolate chips until combined.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and then place on prepared baking sheet. Flatten with a wooden spoon and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Let sit on baking sheet for 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
No one would even guess that these are healthy. Seriously, you must make these. And send some to me. 😉