Light, fluffy and delicious, these Gingerbread Pancakes will not only be a hit during the holiday season, but all throughout the year too!
Don’t these pancakes look remarkably fluffy?
Do you wonder what the secret ingredient is?
I’ll give you a hint… it contains no artificial flavors, no added colors or dyes, no high fructose corn syrup, no sugar or artificial sweeteners, no calories and is gluten-free? C’mon, one guess?
Wait, seltzer in pancakes? Yes! The carbonation in the seltzer fluffed these pancakes right up, making them light and airy without adding any calories, flavors, dyes or anything artificial.
I love seltzer. I drink it all the time. If you are a soda drinker, start substituting seltzer and you will save yourself from unnecessary calories, sugar, artificial sweeteners and a whole bunch of junk. It’s crucial to stay hydrated even in the winter months and drinking seltzer is a great way to do it.
I decided to use cans of Vintage Seltzer since I always keep the 12 pack of seltzer in my refrigerator when I want something bubbly. I used plain Vintage seltzer in these pancakes but I bet it would be fun to try a flavored seltzer next time!
I love cinnamon, cloves and spices all year long so I would eat these pancakes any day of the week. These also freeze really well so go ahead and make a double batch and keep one batch in the freezer for those hectic mornings!
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, flax, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix together molasses, maple syrup, applesauce and seltzer in a separate bowl.
- Pur milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined being careful not to over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Stir to combine.
- Preheat a greased griddle on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes to get it hot. Place about ⅓ cup of batter onto hot griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Top with extra maple syrup if desired.
Are you like me and always looking to save some cash? Especially with the holidays coming up! Click here and print a digital coupon for $1 off a 12pk of Vintage Seltzer and redeem at a grocer near you.
Follow Vintage Seltzer on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram! Users who tag @DrinkVintage on Instagram will receive a $1 off coupon! Aren’t we all trying to save some money during the holidays? ENJOY!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.