Who says kids are the only ones that can enjoy popsicles? These are for adults only, healthy and delicious!
Thanks to my son who helped me hold the popsicle for the picture (dirty fingernail and all 😉 )! You can easily use whatever fruit you’d like. I chose different types of melons and then added some blueberries for some color. And the beauty of these babies is that they are actually HEALTHY too! They are made with green tea and contain no added sugar (except for the natural sugar that the fruit contains) so these are guilt free too!
I also loved the fresh mint in these popsicles, but you can always leave it out or chop it finely if you’d prefer it. Just remember these popsicles contain wine so they have a little kick to them! The fruit too! But who doesn’t need a little kick at the end of summer? I’d eat these all. year. long.
- 4 bags mint green tea
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 bottle of wine, I used Sauvignon Blanc but you can also Pinot Grigio, Moscato or Riesling
- 1 small cantaloupe, cut into small pieces (I used a melon baller)
- 1 small honeydew, cut into small pieces
- ¼ watermelon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped
- juice from all the melons (optional)
- Place the tea bags into the hot water and allow to brew for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour tea and wine into pitcher and stir.
- Add fruit, half the mint and juice from melons if desired. Stir again.
- Let sit for at least an hour but can sit overnight.
- Add remaining mint if desired.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for until frozen. Enjoy!
I can’t believe there are only a few weeks of summer left. I am holding onto it for dear life, but also looking forward to some semblance of a routine once these kiddies go back to school. So for now, let’s just enjoy it. Cheers!