This is one of the biggest hits from The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook, and once you make it, you will see why…
I always love a good, easy, delicious recipe. I think that’s why this recipe has been so popular, it’s simple to make and taste great. What more can you ask for in a meal? On busy weeknights, when I taxi-driving my kids around town and referee-ing wrestling matches (I have 3 boys for goodness sake), I don’t have time to make those meals that require a lot of ingredients and take more than 30 minutes. Some days, I don’t even have 30 minutes! And you know what kind of days I’m talking about. We all have them. And on nights like those, I make easy dishes like this one. Everyone loves it!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,rinsed and sliced in half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, chicken broth, rosemary, basil, and oregano.
- Place chicken breasts in a large sealable bag. Pour the mixture into the bag and shake well.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2–3 minutes, until tender. Add chicken and brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour the remaining balsamic mixture over the chicken. Turn heat to high and let the liquid come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook is on sales in all major bookstores and online. You can buy it here or straight from my blog and I can sign it for you. It makes a great gift…just saying. I also have The Greek Yogurt Cookbook that you can buy here or straight from my blog and I can also sign it for you. Happily.
Thanks for all of your support! Now you tell me, what is your favorite, easy meal?