I don’t know about you, but I love crock pot recipes. Especially on cold winter days when you are too cold to cook. This is easy to prepare and what’s better than coming home to dinner ready to eat? And its vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free too. What’s not to love?
- 1 pound dry white beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 cups water (you can also use 8 cups broth or 8 cups water)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cans organic BPA free diced tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Place dry beans in a large pot. Add six cups of water. Cover and let beans soak for at least an hour or even overnight.
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours on high.
- Season with more salt if desired. Remove bay leaf and discard.
- You can also add spinach, kale or other leafy greens at the end. Stir in until wilted. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
You can stick to your New Year’s resolutions with this easy and healthy soup. If you’d like you could also add chicken or sausage to it. The beans add more than enough fiber and protein already for me 🙂