With only a few ingredients, this cake is lightly sweet, tart and perfect for any occasion!
I am loving cranberries lately. Besides the fact that they are fun and festive, I love how tart they are in baked goods. Yes, this cake does have sugar in it (I mean, come on, it IS the holiday season!) but you need the sugar to balance out the tartness of the cranberries. I used whole wheat pastry flour and just a small amount of butter. It’s a much healthier option than many other desserts out there. And the orange glaze? It’s fantastic. Like lick-your-spoon-and-the-bowl fantastic.
I can’t believe Hanukkah is already here! For those that celebrate Christmas, how many of you feel ready? We have our tree up, our house decorated, some presents bought…that’s about it. So no, I am not really that ready. I am not really feeling panicked (yet) but we still have a few more weeks. I hope all of these delicious Christmas sweets from my fellow bloggers inspire you and your Christmas baking! I know I am feeling inspired!
Did I mention that I am borderline obsessed with the orange glaze?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add butter and sugar and thoroughly mix together.
- Add milk, Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Fold cranberries in and mix.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Prepare glaze by mixing the sugar and orange juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze on top of the cake. Enjoy!
Welcome to Day 2 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started in 2012, and is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter below!
Here are some more fabulous recipes from Day 2 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
href=”http://www.cravingsofalunatic.com/2015/12/%20mini-peanut-butter-cup-christmas-crack-aka-chocolate-saltine-toffee.html” target=”_blank”>Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Saltine Toffee from Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramel and Chocolate Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark from Cupcakes to Kale Chips
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Food Done Light
Maple Doodles from Farm Fresh Feasts
Blue & White Christmas Bark from Flour On My Face
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake from From Gate to Plate