Even those that aren’t on a gluten/wheat-free diet will LOVE these pancakes! These were such a huge hit with the family. Feel free to add some shredded coconut or some other chopped fruit to the batter to add some more flavor. This is just one of the 300 recipes from my cookbook, The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook out in all major bookstores now!
Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 2 Whole eggs and 2 egg whites
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (or you can use melted butter)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk (or reduced fat or whole milk)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon wheat-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Using a wire whisk, mix together eggs, coconut oil (or melted butter), milk, maple syrup and sea salt.
- 2. Continuing to whisk, add the baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly mixed. Add the cinnamon, allspice, flax and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil or you can use cooking spray) in a skillet on a medium flame.
- 4. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet making pancakes about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- 5. Turn over to make sure each side is thoroughly cooked.
*from The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook by Lauren Kelly. Copyright ©2013 F+W Media, Inc.
Serving Size 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9.5g 15%
Saturated Fat 8.1g 41%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 359mg 15%
Potassium 64mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 10.4g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
*Nutrition Information not 100% guaranteed, provided by www.caloriecount.com