Crunchy, sweet and packed with protein and fiber, these Chocolate Covered Roasted Chickpeas are simple to make and crazy delicious. Added bonus, they are vegan and gluten-free too!
Yup, it’s me and I actually made this recipe!
It feels really good to be back. Like really, really, really good. And I love how excited my kids are when they see me cooking again. They are just happy to have their old mom back. And this old mom is happy to be here.
I bought this bag of Chocolate Vanilla Roasted Chickpeas at Whole Foods last week. They were good and they inspired me to make this recipe (which is way better by the way). This was perfect for me because it really is easy to make. Only 5 ingredients and minimal prep, what could be easier?
Check this out. Chickpeas before roasting..
Mix the remaining ingredients together…
Go ahead, lick that spoon and all of that chocolate deliciousness…
Mix the roasted chickpeas in that bowl of gooey awesomeness…
And BAM!! Your new obsession has been created.
And get this, I am coming back STRONG! I made my first video!
Ok, it’s more of a slideshow, but it took me a long time to do it and I am pretty happy with the outcome. Check it out…
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse, drain and thoroughly dry the chickpeas. (They must be completely dry or they won't be as crunchy)
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray (I used a coconut oil spray).
- Place chickpeas on the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes, making sure to shake the pan half way though, until chickpeas are golden on the outside and crispy.
- Mix remaining coconut oil, cocoa and sugar in a bowl.
- Add roasted chickpeas and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Allow to set on parchment paper and let cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
These can be an easy on-the-go snack, but I also put them on top of oatmeal, Greek yogurt, salads, you name it!
I hope you love this as much as we did! Thanks for stopping by!