This vegan treat has only 5 ingredients, is packed with protein and tastes delicious!
I know, Labor Day weekend is almost here and I still have ice cream on my brain. I don’t know about you, but I enjoy all types of frozen treats all year round. And this one is dairy-free, sugar-free and vegan so why not indulge? Sure, life is all about moderation, but if we can make a dessert healthier, I am all for it!
I’ve made this recipe a few times and it definitely freezes better if the coconut cream is cold rather than room temperature. Also, it’s important to use a full fat coconut cream as opposed to a lighter version. It helps with the texture and tastes better. Also, it may seem annoying but stirring this every 30 minutes will make a creamier dessert and less ice crystals. Because this is made without any milk or eggs (which technically doesn’t make it ice cream) it have a slightly different texture than ordinary ice cream, but it still tastes amazing. And with only 5 ingredients, this is so simple to make!
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut cream, protein powder, cacao and liquid stevia until thoroughly combined and no lumps.
- Feel free to taste it to see if you need more stevia to sweeten.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour into freezer safe bowl or container and cover tightly and lay onto flat surface in freezer.
- Freeze for 45 minutes, take out and stir well.
- Place back into freezer and remove every 30 minutes to stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Put back into freezer until ready to serve.
- Make sure you take out 20 minutes and sit on the counter before serving. Enjoy!
Anyone else holding onto summer for dear life? I will be eating this ice cream all year long. Even in the coldest days of winter. You can hold me to that!