I love beans, all kinds of beans. They are loaded with protein, fiber, nutrients and are extremely versatile. Beans are low in fat and help to regulate blood sugar levels (great for diabetics). We can’t forget how healthy beans are for your heart. You know that old saying, “Beans, Beans they’re good for your heart”…well you know the rest 🙂
I love this recipe because it is simple. It tastes wonderful alone or on the side next to some chicken or fish. I love vegetarian dishes so I would eat this alone, maybe with a green salad. It’s a perfect Meatless Monday dish!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12 ounce) can BPA-FREE garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup BPA-FREE black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ fresh squeezed lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon curry
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the garlic and onion in the oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, garbanzo beans, black beans, cumin, curry and salt.
- Continue to stir for a few minutes. Add broth and lemon juice and stir.
- Allow to cook until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately. Store in air tight container for 3-5 days.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving (4 Weight Watcher Points Plus Points Per Serving)
- Total Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbs: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.4g
- Protein: 10.3g
* Nutritional information provided by www.caloriecount.com, not 100% guaranteed accurate